Data Night Planning Sheet
Step 1: Choose a date and time when most parents will be able to attend
Step 2: Offer dinner and childcare to make it easy for families to participate
Child care person(s):______________________________________________________________
Room for childcare:_______________________________________________________________
Who will order food?______________________________________________________________
Step 3: Create an outreach plan. Most effective ways of reaching families are phone calling and face to face invites. Create a flyer that can be sent home as well. If you have families that communicate using email, make sure to also send the flyer out with an email.
Who will create the flyer?
How will flyer get to families?
Who will make phone calls?
Who will talk to parents face to face?
Step 4: Create the agenda. Decide who will lead the meeting and what roles other people need to play. For example:
- Who will open the meeting and welcome families?________________________________
- Who will give the presentation?________________________________________________
- Who will lead small group discussions?__________________________________________
- Who will close the meeting?___________________________________________________
- What are the next steps?______________________________________________________
Step 5: Other Logistics. Make sure you have everything ready for your event.
- Sign-In Sheet
- Data packet
- Chart paper